Thursday, May 5, 2011

A New Experience-I took time for myself!

I took my own advice and TOOK some time to myself last weekend!  I have never been away by myself, let alone flown on a plane!  I faced both fears and flew to San Antonio, Texas at last minute by myself to spend some time with a childhood friend.  I cannot describe to you the fear and nervousness I felt at first.  After the first plane took off though, it was exhilirating!  It's like no feeling I have ever felt before to fly, to be on my own for a few days, and to get to know myself as an individual.  It was a life changing experience.  I have started making changing to many things in my life as an individual, our family life, and our marriage.  All of the changes are good changes!  I think so, at least!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! It is very scary doing new things, but as you found out, most of the time the new things are totally worth the initial fear! I know a trip for all of y'all to VA is a difficult one, so hopefully the next YOU trip will be up to VA! I know you can get really cheap flights from ATL to here on one of the discount carriers. Maybe if finances work out you could come this summer - VA Beach is soooo nice, all you need is your plane ticket and a bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete