Thursday, January 13, 2011

advice for "mommyandwife22"

"Mommyandwife22" left this comment on my first post:  "As you know I am a mom of 3 as well. I have went from 125 to 175 pounds after having 3 kids and an iud. I suffer from panic/ anxiety and depression. The weight gain its self is depressing. I don't have the energy to do anything. I want to be able to go out side and run around with my kids without getting so tired. I don't have the motivation to do it. I don't want to lose the weight for anybody but myself. My husband and I are coming up on our 8 year wedding anniversary and would love to lose some weight for anniversary pictures. Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated."

This is some helpful advice just for you girl!  You have to be completely ready to commit yourself or it's not going to work.  I had tried weight loss many times before.  I had paid to join weight watchers 2 or 3 times.  I would lose 10 or 15 lbs and it would plateau and I would just give up.  I LOVE food and I am a stress eater.  Losing weight will help that anxiety and depression you have.  While you might not have this "get up and go"PEP about losing weight, you know you really want to do it in your heart and that's all the motivation you need if you allow it to be. 

The way I got started was going to the doctor and talking with her about my concerns for my health.  The health risks of being overweight outweighed the risks of taking phentermine.  She prescribed it to me and I lost almost 20 pounds the first month.  You have to be careful not to lose too much weight at a time because your body doesn't react well to it and you'll end up blowing right back up like a balloon.  One good thing about the phentermine is it will give you the energy to do what you want to do and need to do without even realizing it!!  It's totally healthy as long as you use the med in the right way. 

I started in June of 2009.  Once I was on the medicine I had the energy and motivation to workout, to go walking, to do more things than ever with my kids!!  The great thing about it is, you don't have to go get a personal trainer to lose weight.  You can make everyday changes in your routine like when your kids go outside to play, go play with them.  Run around a little, play baseball and run bases with them chasing you, if you can't make it to a gym do what I did and lie on your sofa while watching soap operas and do a few hundred crunches!  I would also walk around my block every evening I got a chance.  Sometimes it was only 15 minutes at a time but it really worked!!  By the next summer I was running that 15 minute walk and back at my house in around 8 to 10 minutes!  We are having anniversary pictures done this month and it will be the first pictures we have had done since I was 5 months pregnant with our first son which was almost 7 years ago! 

I really hope I have helped ya some but if you have any more questions, please just comment and ask!!

Don't forget my giveaway!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much jessica! Can u give me the number to the clinic so I can make an appointment to go? Yes everything you have told me has helped! You're too great:)

    ReplyDelete