Sunday, January 16, 2011

"My picture perfect Body"

I want to start by saying that this has been a rough weekend on me.  Emotionally, physically, and mentally.  I am convinced that I am a food "addict".  I body starts having withdrawals from food and not just any food but sweets.  I cannot sit in the house for more than a few hours without raiding the cabinets finding anything and everything with sugar in it to eat.  It's terrible.  As most of you know down in Georgia last week we got hit with a pretty bad winter storm.  We were stuck in the house for almost a WEEK!  I had went to the store and done some major "couponing" to prepare for the storm.  I loaded up on all kinds of goodies I thought would keep the boys occupied.  Turns out they kept me occupied.  8 boxes of betty crocker fruit snacks and 4 bags of nestle miniature candy bars later I realized what I was doing and wished I had realized it when I was in the middle of it and stopped myself.  It reminds me of what I have heard a drug addict described as.  I was also watching the Doctors on ABC the other day and they were talking about the same thing.  Food Addiction is real, just like a crack addiction.  You HAVE TO control it no matter what.  No one but yourself is going to control it in the end.  Even when you have no one behind you, pushing you to "do your best, look good baby, drop that weight!" you HAVE to remember you're not doing it for anyone else and you DO NOT have to have that encouragement from others to lose weight.  The encouragement has to come from within your heart and your soul or you're never really fully committed.  I have added a picture below to show you how far I have come in the past year and a half.  I started out at 225 lbs and I am now at 146.  I was down to 135 in the summer but have been comfortable at maintaining it around 145.  THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN DO TOO.  It took me 6 years to finally realize it was all in my head and I could break my food addiction and get myself out of my depressed RUT.  It saved my life, my marriage, my self esteem, and my pride.  Even though my stomach is covered in stretch marks, I have flabby skin and cellulite everywhere, and I do NOT wear a two piece bathing suit anymore-I still know I'm beautiful because God made me this way and I have NEVER in my life until this blog said to myself "I'm beautiful" and now I'm crying.  Thank you guys for listening to me and I REALLY hope to help ALL of you get your weight loss jump started so you can get your life and your health back.

1 comment: