Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tips for Brittany vecchio

 Brittany left this comment on my first post: "As you know i'm only a mom of 1 but before I had my son I was 120lbs. I am currently 150lbs. I have only lost 10 lbs since having him 2 years ago. I had the idea of maybe keeping my current size and losing the weight after our second child but then that would make for prob more weight and then i'd have 2 kids to take care of! What are some tips you think would help me lose about 10-15 lbs without killing myelf. I know i dont eat as healthy as I should so Im working on that!"

The advice for you Brittany is pretty simple.  Just make a few small lifestyle changes.  Change your portion sizes, eat less red meat, drink more water and juice and less coke products and tea, throw extra exercise in your daily routine you wouldn't normally do.  When doing the laundry and every day chores around the house, speed yourself up to get your heart rate up for about a 20 or 30 minute period.  You're giving your body more of a cardio workout than you realize.  You can do this when folding and putting up clothes, if you have any steps you go up and down frequently-step it up a notch and go a little faster.  Fruit and milk added in your DAILY routine will help slim your waistline as well.  Never do the same thing over and over, your body will get used to the routine and you will not keep losing weight that way.  One day eat a small breakfast (whatever you want just VERY small portion) then have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch with a banana, or something light like that.  Then for dinner, eat whatever you want just limit your portion to fist sizes.  Change it around but follow these guidelines! 

Hope it helps Britt!  Don't foget the giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. running helps a lot; i have a 3 yr old and a 4 yr old; they're 10 mnth and 6 days apart in age and it took me almost 2.5 yrs to lose the weight but i met a friend at church and she got me into running and i dropped from 133 to 113 lbs in 2010, and i am now 109 - 110 lbs and am happy, but i can't run so i have a pooch belly =/ i can't run because my knee got screwed up - broken knee cap from car wreck, had surgery november 2011, so i'm almost able to run again

    ReplyDelete